Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pipsqueak Pippa

This is my newest foster dog, Pippa. We call her Pip, Pippin, or Cranium though. =]


I'm fostering her for the SPCA where I work. She wasn't eating in the shelter for the 5 days she was there and was in bad shape, so I brought her home. She's the easiest dog ever! She goes to the bathroom maybe 4 times a day, eats very little, and sleeps all day. She's very quiet and not like any Chihuahua I've ever met before. She has no personality as of yet, and I've had her since the 16th of November. She's starting to come out of her shell a lot more, but still has work to do.


She's gaining weight well and her coat is in great condition now that I've started supplementing her food and feeding her Wellness instead of Purina. She'll happily eat now too, and actually looks forward to meal times. She is not fond of Frag, however. If he walks past the chair she sleeps behind she will dart out, jump and snap at him, then run back to her bed. Wanna see a video?


So we're working on that. I'm also working on training her. She's great walking on a leash and her manners are alright, but I would like to teach her to sit, down, and maybe do a cute trick. I've loaded the clicker for her numerous times, but when the treats come out she doesn't do ANYTHING except spin and act a fool. I can't lure her or touch her or she'll shut down. She is very independent, so this a work in progress I suppose.


She's been to one adoption event this past weekend and there was no interest in her. It's a real shame since she's so quiet and cute. She'd be perfect for an older couple; never has accidents inside, is crate trained, leash trained, and is very quiet. Loves to just sleep on your lap. :) We'll see where she ends up.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so much fun to get a new foster? :)
    She sure is a cutie. After settling in more I'm sure she won't be so quiet and sleeping all day, lol! I love cow doggies, they look so silly to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a ton of fun. Breaks my heart everytime they leave though.

    ReplyDelete