Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All we have is memories

Pippa got a new home just in time for the holidays! She got adopted yesterday afternoon to a nice loving family. A 13 year old daughter, 10 year old son, senior Labrador, middle-aged Pug, and parents make up her family now. She didn't mind the dogs when she met them, but was acting rather annoying with me not in the room. I'm glad they enjoyed her. They asked me a lot of questions and I talked her up as much as possible. They loved her quirks. I know they'll love her and give her the time to settle in.

I did bawl my eyes out as they took her away. I could tell by the head tilt I had never seen before and the look on her face that she was heartbroken and so confused. It broke my heart. She had evidently become very attached to my family here, but I hope she can forget about us and fit in to her new home quickly. She jumped onto the dash as they were leaving and was pawing at it looking at me like I was killing her. Oh, the joys of fostering.

Now I can open up my home to another. Maybe this time a curious, happy little puppy that won't get so attached. I'll have to email Laurie with the Weim rescue and see if she has any. XD

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Pippa! Enjoy your forever loving family!
    Wonderful job with her. My heartbreaks every time I let a foster go too... I truly love them like they are my very own *sigh*

    Hug and kiss your dog and look forward to the next foster :)

    ReplyDelete