Thursday, September 16, 2010

History, Emajean, and tomorrow

So yes, I decided to start this blog to chronical all of my adventures and journeys with the animals I hold dear to my heart. I've only recently started fostering and becoming involved in rescue, but I've gone in deep. I now have my second job at a shelter, and am on foster # 3 tomorrow. Some background on previous fosters-

Diamond; Beatiful 1yr unaltered female pit mix that I rescued over the summer and rehomed. A friend of a friend had saved her from being pts at the vet's office, and could not keep her. I had her for a week, and then rehomed her to a co-worker of my mom's. They have since got her spayed, up to date on shots, and have integrated her as a member of the family. Couldn't have turned out better.



Emajean; Darling little kitten whom was brought in at 3 days old to the Humane Society I used to work at. We did not have a foster program, so someone had to take her home with them to bottlefeed or she would have died. I volunteered, and it has been love since then. She is now 16 days old, eyes wide and bushy-tailed. She's moving around a lot more and starting to eat solid food mixed with formula. I was given permission to keep her permanently on sunday, so this has been a foster failure, but it's for the best. :D


Which leads me up to tomorrow... I'm picking up an 11 week old male Weimaraner from the vet's office after his second set of shots. I volunteer for the Great Lakes Weimaraner Rescue, and they contacted me today about taking him off of another foster's hands because the wife was upset with his accidents on the floors. /facepalm His name's Charlie and he'll be here until he gets adopted. I set up his little x-pen and blankets tonight because I'll have class as soon as he gets here tomorrow. I'm interested to see how well the rules are kept between my boyfriend, roomate, and I. There will be plenty of pictures tomorrow. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment